Sunday, July 31, 2011

Curtains for the cat facility


There are various piles of supplies for projects lying around my house, and the barn. There is a pile of boards in the upstairs hallway to finish off the window shelves in the boarding rooms. A pile of fleece next to the sewing machine in the kitchen for cat facility curtains; wood in the barn for trimming out the windows there; shutters for the house laying on the bench in the workshop waiting to be painted. This weekend I resolved that one pile would go away, and given the heat we've had, I chose curtains, so I could shut out the blazing sun for the first half of each day. My house, for some unknown reason, faces west and gets no real sun until late afternoon. The cat facility faces south east, and the sun smacks it straight on around 8:00 am each summers' day.

I am not a particularly patient person, and I had to stop myself from making one curtain, going out the facility to put it up; make another curtain...

I cut out a single pair and put that ONE pair up to make sure I hadn't made some hideous mistake in measurement, and then finished the rest. The material is so loud it was hard to get a photo of it that didn't make it look even louder, so I laid in next to the window trying to get some natural light

I got light alright. I also got a cat. Cricket found it quite a comfy spot to stretch out her aging single hind leg.

The curtains are up now. They probably should have been wider and longer to cover better in the winter, but they are better than nothing. Probably by winter these will need some replacements, anyway. Curtains and cats aren't known to get along all that well.

7 comments:

Connie, Orlando said...

C'mon, Cricket is just giving the curtains her seal of approval. Obviously, she has no problem with the pattern.

Chrissykat said...

I'm sure they look great when they're up but I KNOW they look great under Cricket!!! Goodness, what a beautiful kitty she is.

meowmeowmans said...

Cricket sure looks beautiful on those new curtains. It's obvious she approves of the job you did! :)

Wildrun said...

It just occurred to me that "Curtains for the cat facility" probably isn't the best title! I hope nobody thought I was closing up!

Connie, Orlando said...

That is EXACTLY what I thought. I rushed to read your post to find out WHY - WHY - WHY. Then again, it's probably only us "elder" readers who took it that way.

Fiona Kathleen Hogan said...

I'm always amazed at your DIY projects!

Victor Tabbycat said...

No sewing project is complete without feline snoopervision. Cricket looks adorable. I misread "curtains for the cat facility" to first mean it was closing, but enjoyed the double meaning. Very clever.